10 Home Decorating Ideas To
Quickly Update Any Room by
Not all home decorating ideas require a heavy investment of time and money. If
you're looking for a few affordable home interior decorating ideas to freshen up
a room over a weekend, try these ten:
1. Rearrange The Furniture- Pull your furniture away from the walls. Try
positioning it at intriguing angles. For example, a sofa arranged diagonally
across a narrow living room will make the room look wider.
2. Paint A Wall- Paint one wall your favorite color and make it the focal point.
Hang interesting art on that wall and move a nice piece of furniture there.
(Note: Make sure that the color is one that is shared with several other objects
and fabrics in the room.)
3. Bring In Plants- Greenery always adds a breath of fresh air to a room. If you
don't have a green thumb, try silk plants and trees. The quality has gotten so
good that its hard to distinguish them from the real thing.
4. Lay An Area Rug- An area rug is a wonderful way of defining a conversation
area. Try one that complements the room. Lay it at an angle beneath your coffee
5. Hang Pictures or Mirror- Hang pictures that reflect your personality. Try
frames that are more ornate. When hanging a mirror, try and position it so that
it reflects and nice view or an interesting architectural element.
6. Group Figurines- Pull out your favorite collectibles. Show off your
personality. Find a display area and group related objects together, in sets of
three or five. Try and vary the shapes.
7. Add Decorative Pillows- The good news about decorative pillows is that they
are an easy way to add textures and patterns to a room. Still better, they can
be changed to jazz up a sofa or chair before your room is ready for a major
8. Replace Lamps- Lamps are probably the one thing in your home that will give
others a clue that your room is outdated. Seek out new and fresh lamps that make
9. Add A Throw Or Afghan- Similar to decorative pillows, throws and afghans add
texture to your furniture. They come in all kinds of natural and man made
fabrics. Find a pattern and style that you like.
10. Eliminate Clutter- Clutter has a way of eliminating the desired mood and
effect of any room. Find storage spaces for papers, toys, and other items that
take from the personality of a room.
About The Author: Michael
Holland is the creator of the Web sites
http://www.home-decorating-made-easy.com. His sites offer lots of FREE home
decorating tips and ideas.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/